The certificate installation allows for downloading of YouTube (and some other) videos over HTTPS connections. HTTPS Scanning Support Notes:
- You can remove the generated CA for the application using certmgr.msc (Start > Run and type certmgr.msc). Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates. The certificate is Issued to: Replay Media Catcher 5 SSL Scanner Root.
- Firefox doesnt use the machines CA store so to remove it: Firefox > Options > Options | Advanced | Certificates and click View Certificates | Authorities and search for Product Name> SSL Scanner Root. Use the Delete or Distrust button.
- Firefox needs to be restarted after the certificate is added for it to become active. The user is prompted to do this.
- If the application is killed whilst monitoring is on then access to the internet may fail with "proxy" not available errors. Solution is to manually remove the system proxy setting using IE: Settings > Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN Settings > Proxy Server | Advanced button.
- May not be compatible with some 3rd party proxy servers. Solution is to disable HTTPS/SSL scanning in the settings.